Edmonton Community Legal Centre offers free and confidential legal advice at evening clinics to individuals who are in a low income financial bracket and do not qualify for Legal Aid. In particular, ECLC provides services to individuals surrounding legal issues that pertain to:
- Civil Law
- Employment and Wrongful Dismissal
- Family Law
- Human Rights
- Immigration Law, including Temporary Foreign Workers
- Income Support Advocacy
- Landlord-tenant matters
- Small Claims
- Social Benefits
*Please Note: We do not deal with criminal law issues at our legal clinics.
At the clinic, your lawyer will:
- Explain your legal issue
- Outline steps that you can take
- Help you fill out documents
- Refer you to other organizations
Preparing For Clinic Appointments:
- Organize and bring any important papers including court document or letters
- Make child care arrangements prior to coming and if possible do not bring children to the appointment
- We cannot guarantee that ECLC will provide additional legal services following your clinic appointment
- Filing fees, disbursements and other costs are not covered by ECLC
Please contact our office to to learn more or to book an appointment.
**Please Note: Clients will need to bring their own interpreter if required.