The Edmonton Community Legal Centre (ECLC) is a not for profit organization providing free legal information, advice, and representation in the areas of civil, administrative, and family law for persons living with low income in the Edmonton area.
Please check this page for future employment opportunities with the Edmonton Community Legal Centre.
The Legal Services Coordinator is the first contact for all ECLC clients. The Legal Services Coordinator screens incoming calls for appropriate level of service. This position assists callers by providing recommendations for appropriate action including booking appointments or referral to an appropriate agency for further services when in-house services are inappropriate. Specializing in community resources and government systems, the Intake Coordinator guides clients through complex systems and provides clients with accurate referrals. While understanding the partnerships and boundaries of law and advocacy, the Legal Services Coordinator is able to work with a multidisciplinary team to enhance the quality of service to all clients. A general understanding of law and legal process guides the Legal Services Coordinator through daily interaction with all stakeholders.
- Background in social work, community and legal services.
- Knowledge of the issues facing persons living in poverty and community service providers in the Edmonton area;
- Experience working in the community services or legal field;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability and interest to work with a diverse client base;
- Commitment to maintaining client service and professional standards;
- Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Office, CRM or related legal and data management software; and,
- Experience with general administrative duties.
Preference will be given to those applicants with a human services degree, experience with delivery of community and legal service, and knowledge of Edmonton community resources.
This is a 7 month contract position at a .8 FTE.
The closing date is Monday November 30th, 2020. Please submit both a cover letter and a resume when you apply on the link at: https://charityvillage.com/jobs/legal-services-coordinator-in-edmonton-north-downtown-alberta-ca/
We thank you for your interest in the posting but only successful candidates will be contacted.