Sometimes family law issues can be extremely stressful, and we are here to support you through your experience and help you move forward. The Edmonton Community Legal Centre can help you with problems arising from family breakdown, especially if you have experienced abuse and trauma from your partner or other family member(s) like:
- Physical, emotional or sexual violence
- Threats to deny access to your children
- Denial of child/spousal support or adequate access to money, food, medical care etc.
- Threats of deportation
If you are experiencing violence or feel you are in immediate danger, call 911.
*Please note, we are not a crisis agency.
How we can help:
Our lawyers and social work advocate can answer questions and give advice about:
- Guardianship, Parenting, Custody and Access
- Child Support
- Spousal or Partner Support
- Property Division and Exclusive Possession of the Home
- Restraining and Protection Orders
Please call the ECLC office if you are in need of family law legal support.
*Please note, ECLC supports individuals who are experiencing financial difficulties and cannot afford a lawyer. We follow specific income guidelines for individuals to be able to access free legal support.
In addition, we offer Public Legal Education Sessions on Family Law legal matters.